Sirius Rising

Wow, been a while.

When last we left our adventure, I'd been in the new place a week. Well, it's approaching a month now. Last night I made my first "real meal" - not from scratch, though. I bought these pre-seasoned Jamaican jerk shrimp at the store (frozen, just sautee 'em up and go). I also got a rice cooker, some wild rice, and a bunch of snap peas. Cooked the rice, steamed the peas, made half the shrimp (had 12, so made 6) - oh my god, it was good. I may actually have to start cooking.

Roommate came in and had some of the rice and approved. He did make "gagging" noises when he saw me munch a clove of roast garlic (which I also made last night). I managed to talk him into trying it, and his response was, "What the fuck? This is really good!" So, I've made another convert.

I'm still working out every other day, and there's definite progress being made. My weight's staying about the same (which is good) while my body fat percentage is going down slowly (which is great). I'm also actually starting to get some definition to me, which is frankly amazing. I still have a long ways to go, of course, but it's nice to be at least headed in the right direction.

Speaking of heading in directions, I'm taking a day off and making a long weekend of next weekend: the 12th I'm flying to Montana for a wedding reception for the guys I met in Maui. Should be fun. I'm just not sure if I should be bringing a present or something.

Summer's finally decided to rear its ugly head in the form of 95+ degree days and humidity. I think it's getting cooler by the weekend, though.

Since I'm flying to MT this month, I probably won't be doing anything major for Labor Day. I might go on a day trip somewhere, just for fun, but I'm blowing a grand on one trip already and should probably "take it easy".

3 comments:

TwoLives said...

Yes, bring a present. Even if they don't expect, need or want one, they will remember the gesture. It's hard to go wrong when you use good manners.

Definition? I'll bet there's a legion of Austin admirers out there who would love to see some photographic proof.

Have fun in Montana!

Austin said...

Ha - not anywhere near photographically appropriate yet :) You've got a few months' jump on me there. The difference is just visible in the sense that I don't look like "skinny twerp" any more. Nothing to be too proud of - yet.

I'll come up with something to bring. It's a hawaiian theme, so maybe something that direction.

Matthew Lee said...

Jamaican jerk, eh? I'll have to try that one...

Post a Comment