Incidentals

Nothing major going on.

Weight wise: I've lost 6 lbs in 2 months, and I'm definitely getting some muscle. The roomie looked at me the other day and said, "Wow, you've almost got breasts." Not exactly encouragement, but whatever. I don't entirely trust the numbers on my scale's body fat reading, but even if it's only approximate, I'm losing almost exclusively fat in that weight. So, that's a good thing. Means I might be decent by December.

The car's all nice and happy. I've decided I'm getting the suspension system done next, because it's at 100k miles (as of last night) and I've never had it worked on. I also got it cleaned, so it's -literally- shiny.

The resort I like up in Guerneville has a cabin open for Labor Day weekend. I'm trying to decide if I want to head up there. Well, actually, I'm trying to talk myself out of wanting to go up there. I really ought to stay home and get some work done. I've been goofing off a little too much on the consulting stuff.

Being an adult has its drawbacks.

I joined a dating site. We'll see how it goes. I swear, though, if I see one more person list Harry Potter in their "favorite books" section, I'm going to have to break something.

2 comments:

TwoLives said...

"I joined a dating site. We'll see how it goes."

- I expect that I am not the only one who is impatiently waiting for an update.

Did you come up to Guerneville?

Austin said...

Ha. It's not going much at all. I probably scare people off with the essays - which is perfectly fine, since if they can't handle those they likely can't handle me.

And no, I didn't get to Guerneville. I was anticipating needing to fly to SLC, UT in mid-September to help a friend move to Sunnyvale, CA, and didn't want to spend the extra money. Then the SLC trip fizzled (his new company is paying for his move). So, I need to plan a different trip. Maybe just a random weekend in late September or something.

I'll try to get a post up soon.

Post a Comment