Big Sky Country

In a matter of hours (literally - 12 hours exactly from now, my plane takes off) I'll be on my way to Montana for the weekend. Should be fun. If nothing else, it's "something different", and as another Richard (fictional) once said: Never refuse an invitation.

I got the guys a Hawaiian "care" package - things like coffee, candies, nuts, lotions, a CD, etc. - since it fits in with the Hawaiian theme. The fun part, of course, is packing around this rather large box in my luggage; luckily, the weather's supposed to be great so I won't need to take any bulky clothes. Otherwise, I might have to pack two cases, especially as I'm taking my tripod (which is itself pretty bulky).

It's also the perseids this weekend, so hopefully Big Sky Country lives up to its name and I can get some decent shots. I'm going to try a higher ISO and see if I can get more vibrant shots without the trace lines. I think, on my camera, I can go up to like 3200 without any issue. So, we'll see how it works out.

2 comments:

TwoLives said...

Nice gift. I'm sure the guys will appreciate your thoughtfulness.

You should get some phenomenal shots, especially if you'll be in (or can get to) a rural location.

Have an awesome weekend.

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

I hope you have a great weekend, whatever you end up doing. Good luck with the astrophotography.

I'm going away for the weekend too, but I doubt the skies around Munich or Mannheim will be clear enough or dark enough to see the Perseids :-(

Take care

Mark

Post a Comment