And go my own way

So, getting ready to fly home.

Interesting trip in the "something different" sense. I think I know how this friendship thing with the guys will work out: basically, not at all. I'll stop "bugging" them, and I'll likely never get a note or message from them. No blame attaches; I just don't see any interest (socially) at all from one of them, and the other seems more of a "out of sight, out of mind" type. I may be wrong, but years of making these kinds of connections can't be discounted.

Still, it was a nice break to do something unusual. I can't say I regret coming. I have to force myself outside my comfort zone more often. And, they seemed to be glad I was here, at least for the party.

This coming week is going to be pretty dull. Hopefully, anyway.

3 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Well, I haven't commented for a while, but overall it sounds as if you've been having a good summer, with a tolerable work situation, congenial roommate, progress on fitness, and the trip to Montana. As you say, the friendship(s) may not last, but it's still good to make the break from routine for the sake of a bit of social interaction.

TwoLives said...

Uni-directional friendships make me sad. It really is their loss to leave you hanging, so to speak.

Pictures? Especially of the Perseids?

Austin said...

I've got some pictures, but not of the perseids - the moon was just too bright to allow the long exposures needed to really capture them. Most of what I took were at Lake Elmo and Pictograph Caves state park. I'll try to get them processed through at some point, but I need a bit of downtime.

I don't know that it's uni-directional. I just don't know how it's going to play out in the mid- to long-term. They're still talking about hanging out "camping" (really, renting a cabin) in the redwoods at some point, but we'll see.

Post a Comment