Fridayness

Today's my last Friday before my vacation.  Next week is when everyone starts to panic.  It'll be great.

(Random note: I buy 6 asiago, 2 plain, one "everything", one sesame, one cinnamon/raisin, and one chocolate chip bagel every Friday for the office.)

My water shoes arrived last night; they're kind of odd.  For those who don't know, water shoes are footware designed to be worn in the water (obviously), specifically in areas where you could hurt your feet otherwise.  In particular, they're great for hiking in/through streams, walking around in tide pools, or non-sand beaches.  The weird part is that they're made both to let water through and dry fast, but also to look sortof shoe-ish.  So, they're made of this weird mesh that *looks* like a normal shoe (albeit with more little holes) but feel strange, almost like those plastic jelly shoes you see kids have.  Here's hoping they work.

I've also (sortof) got confirmation on my two hiking trips in Maui; the dates are still subject to change depending on how many other people sign up, so we'll see what happens.

On the local front - the Unnamed Alpha ends officially this Saturday.  So, that means I only really got two play dates, but what I've seen so far is pretty good.  Beta's supposed to be starting within a month - hopefully not before I get back from Maui.

I have no idea what to get my step-dad for Father's Day - doesn't have to be much, but something.  A card, certainly.  Maybe I'll find some video game he doesn't have.  I have to go shopping for that on Saturday, as well as pay my registration.

Note to others: buying a new car as a birthday present for yourself is great, but having to pay the registration fees around your birthday every year after is annoying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment