To-do list

I don't "do" resolutions. Too often they're vague admonitions reminiscent of parental scolding: do this, don't do that, lose weight, eat better, and you might try calling your mother more often. They're ambiguous enough to provide no real path of execution but specific enough to make us feel bad for not meeting them. Besides, my mother's on MSN, so we chat all the time.

I do, however, set goals for myself - not just at New Years, but all the time. It's part of the mapping process I do in my head, and while I can't always fulfill them on the original schedule, I can almost always actualize them eventually.

So, based on the things I see coming down the line in 2011, here are some of the plans:

* Pay off all debt (should be around February / March)
* Move closer to L.A. (April-ish)
* Visit at least one country to which I've never been - likely something in the Caribbean for my birthday
* Get back into my workout routine - I fell out of it with all the stress and traveling this last quarter

Those are the solid plans. There are other things I'd like to do - hiking more, going camping at least once, try and get into swimming, learn functional programming, that sort of thing - but those are just ideas. We'll see if they happen.

I think, though, that in general my life is on a good track. I suppose that's the best anyone really should hope for.

1 comments:

One Observationist said...

I agree with the whole resolutions vs goals thoughts. I am always setting, modifying and hopefully accomplishing goals. I like goals better. Mainly because I don't have to wait until January 1st to make them.

Happy New Year.

Post a Comment