Tonight on As the Wold Turns...

... Brief update, just because of the novel I posted yesterday.

2:30 conference call with the HR rep went well; this was the HR screening that never got done, where they ask questions like "Are you a mass murderer?" The good part, though, is that they also asked what my targets were for salary, benefits, etc. I gave her what I think are reasonable goals and she didn't sound at all surprised or flustered by them.

She's going to go back to the compensation department, compile an offer and is "hopefully on target" as she said, and then present it to me tomorrow afternoon. So, probably the best practical news: my major concern this whole time is that any offer they made would be completely unrealistic since no one knew what I was seeking.

Oh, and the new boss came grabbed me for a "virtual cigarette break" and basically said that, if this doesn't work out, they're willing to bribe me with a $10k bonus (on top of my regular bonus) if I agree to stick around until the end of March. So, there's that. I hope it's not needed, but it's always nice to have other options.

Either way, I feel like I've ramped down a little and am no longer about to vibrate out of the universe. Of course, that'll probably change when I get the call tomorrow, since that's pretty much the "make or break" moment.

Tune in next time...

1 comments:

naturgesetz said...

So far, so good.

Post a Comment