If you go down to the woods today...

So, tomorrow I head off to the great white north. Or, well, in this case, the great brown-and-green east. I'm heading to Big Bear Lake (or thereabouts) with a friend for the long weekend (made longer by my taking Friday off). Should be fun - I've rented a 2bd/2ba cabin in the hills with a fire place and a hot tub.

I can think of a number of folks I'd rather take with me into such a setting, but the guy I'm taking has been pretty stressed out lately over a potential book deal and kind of needs the distraction. He's just a friend, so, this'll be purely platonic.

It's also a bit of a test, though. He wants to travel more (such as to Europe) but, unlike me, he's fairly insecure and hates travelling alone (he generally won't even go to the movies by himself). So he keeps saying that he and I should go on trips together. Now, I don't know that that would be a great idea, so this is something of a test scenario - we'll see how it ends up. It's only 2 hours away, so if the fit hits the shan I can always take him home and go back.

So, anyway, that'll be my weekend. I'll probably update at some point during the weekend, and there'll almost certainly be photographs afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment