Back and forth

Classes start today.

They did something weird on the financial side - they gave me a credit for the entire amount of my enrollment fees, which is exactly what they'd do if I were dropping all my classes.  Except I'm still enrolled and still have all the classes on my schedule in every way I can view it, so I had no idea what the heck was going on.  The financial office over the phone said, "Oh, it looks like you dropped all your classes," and then couldn't confirm or deny if I was actually still enrolled in anything.

And, of course, admissions is slammed with first-day-of-classes stuff, so they're only taking voicemail messages over the phone with a 72-hour turnaround.  The net result is that I just had to drive over to campus in morning traffic, pay for parking (because my parking pass is at home), and wait in line for 20 minutes to get told, "Oh, it's just a glitch.  Yes, you're still enrolled, and we show your balance as $0."  And it looks like it's all corrected online now.  So, yay for knowing and there being no issue, not-yay for all the hassle.

Also, tomorrow morning at 3 a.m. I get to drive my parents to the airport, which means heading over there after class tonight (I get out at 9:30, theoretically, but since it's the first class, it'll likely be earlier), spending the night there, driving them to LAX, then going home and sleeping for a couple more hours.  Then off to work and my first physics class after work tomorrow.  I will sleep well tomorrow night.

Another wrinkle is the fact that I have to pick my parents up in early March at exactly the time of one of my classes, so I'm guaranteed to miss one day.  I hope it's not the day of something like a midterm, because that would get really complicated.  The fact that it's the week before spring break makes me nervous, but as the labs are on Thursday, I hope most of the tests and such will be as well.  I won't know about that until tomorrow, though.

I need a nap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment