Tempus fugit

I'm having to pace myself on homework assignments in Calc.  I find I'm getting them done too early, and then forgetting which method I'm supposed to apply for a specific test or quiz.

... Okay, so that's not exactly a problem most people have with school.

Needless to say, class is going well.  I'm at about a 98% at the moment and (according to hints from the professor) the top grade in the class.  And a couple people at work know, including my boss.

That latter part is important, because next semester I want to take Physics 1A.  The problem is that I'm also taking Calc 1B and English, and so the only class I can take for Physics (there aren't many to begin with, and most are during the day entirely) is a hybrid with a lab on Tuesday afternoons.  I checked with my boss, though, and she said it's totally cool for me to take that time off every week.  I don't even have to use vacation or anything to cover it: per her, because I'm salaried, there's "no mechanism for even doing that."

So, that's good, and I can even have a bit less stress.  Universe knows there's going to be enough, what with pulling 14 units and a full-time job, but if I need to I can drop the English class (online) and take it over the summer.  I'm hoping I don't need to do that, though, as if I can handle the 14 units next semester well, I'm set for the remaining 2 years (which all range from 12-14 credits per semester).

Still haven't told my parents, or L, or pretty much anyone other than a handful of people.  D and C know, as well as the new guys in my building.  C's a professor himself - media studies - so we were geeking out about college stuff for a bit two Sunday's ago in the pool.

Oh, that's something else: two weekends ago, it was in the 80s and I was swimming in a pool.  The next day, it was raining and in the low 60s.  I guess California decided to actually have a fall this year.

Nothing new on the dating scene, though I'm going to try a new dating site.  I've also decided to get back into eating healthier again (I really fell off the wagon for a while; school kind of screwed up my habits).  I'm up to about 175, which is well over where I should be (160-165 is "okay").  I need to get back into exercising too, but one thing at a time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment