Doing the math

So, at this point, I could get 65% on all the remaining assignments in Calculus and still get a B.  If I get 80%, I get an A.  Since my lowest score on a test is 96% so far, I'm pretty happy.

I signed up for next semester's classes, which will be interesting.  3 this time, English (online), Psych (hybrid), and Calc1B (lecture).  I wanted to take Physics 1A instead of Psych, but my low registration status and the sheer low volume of classes (only 6, with 24 students each) meant it filled up before I even had a chance to register.  I emailed the prof, and he told me to feel free to try to crash the class by showing up to the first lab - the waitlist is apparently full, but if there's room, he'll try to fit me in.  But even if I don't get in, I'll be fine - it's math that I have to be really careful with, since I've got 5 classes to take in 6 semesters.  Physics, I only have 3.

I also emailed my doctor, asking his opinion.  I had a diagnosis years ago for ADHD, OCD, and dyslexia, but it's not on any chart I have now.  Given that I'm back at school, it's theoretically possible that some accommodation they offer may be useful/necessary at some point - I doubt it, but you never know.  But it also might be useful for scholarships or applications to 4-years.  So, I just asked if he thought it'd be worth it, since I probably don't really need any "help" (I'm not really "disordered" by it, not significantly anyway).

That's something else I need to start looking into after this semester: scholarships and programs that could help me out.  Odd to be nearly 40 and looking into this stuff.

Oh well.  Making biscuits tomorrow, then heading to C and L's place for dinner with a few other friends.  Should be fun.  At some point this weekend, I have to head up to my parents' place to hang lights - probably Saturday.

Happy turkeyday all, and enjoy the long weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment