Interlude

Ever have one of those days when you wake up and every part of you feels off?

Yeah, that's my day today.  Headache, slight nausea (had some breakfast, seems to be going away), sore muscles, tired (damned DST change)... about the only thing I don't have is sinus problems; if I did, this would be a classic sick day.  As it is, I'm just hoping it wears off enough that I can focus for work.

Part of the malaise is because I hiked on Saturday: 7 miles to the top of Mt. Allen/Sandstone Peak, which is the highest point in the Santa Monica Mountains.  It was fun, and I'm glad I went, but it was hot enough that the effort pretty much killed me for the rest of the day.  Or, rather, it should have; I went out with L anyway, including a point where he said, "I'm just going to use the restroom and then we can go," and then proceeded to walk over and chat with someone for twenty minutes.  I swear I was about to get up and tell him to take a cab because I was going home just as he came back and apologized.

And then on Sunday I had to head up to my parents' place to mow their lawn (their on vacation), then hung out with C and D by the pool for a chunk of the afternoon.  And then tried the new Civilization: Beyond Earth for a while and was up far later than I should have been without the time change.

So, all in all, I can't blame anyone else for how I feel this morning, but that doesn't make it any better.

Heading to Vegas for a conference this weekend.  It'll be my first time in Vegas in over 20 years, though I'm not going to have a whole lot of time for sight-seeing.  I'm basically spending the trip baby-sitting others at the conference booth, teaching them how to sell the product.  We'll see how it goes, but I'm anxious for them to take over as much of the responsibility as possible.

Starting to plan a mini-vacation for Easter weekend.  Might rent a cabin up in Big Bear with C and D - one with a hot tub.

Anyway, back to work - query's done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment