Two words, sounds like...

Work's been hell this week.

During a normal week, Thursdays tend to be "meeting day" with a few on Tuesdays.  This week, I was in meetings most of the week; the only day I really had much contiguous time to work on anything was Monday.

Add to that the fact that my manager told me Monday morning that she wanted a user manual for the software we've developed by Friday.  We had a crappy, half-a-dozen page one for the last version, but since we've changed pretty much everything, it needed to be rewritten from scratch.

So, this whole week has been me going back and forth to meetings and dragging my laptop with me so that I can half-ignore the meeting I'm in and work on the manual.  I've also worked at home, after hours, more this week than I have since I started the company (I'll be doing more tonight, and likely this weekend - no, I'm not done, but I got a significant amount of what she wanted done so she could review it, so she's happy).

Next week, I need to get officially stabbed (for my annual TB test) and, again, meetings half of Monday and all of Tuesday.  Wednesday looks to be mostly open at this point, but we'll see how it works out.  However, by Wednesday afternoon, I'm not going to care.

Because, Thursday, June 28th, I'm flying back to Maui for 9 nights in a penthouse on the beach.

Fuck.  Yeah.

3 comments:

TwoLives said...

Awesome!!!

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

It does indeed sound like a week from hell - in your situation I would have inclined to tell your manager that it was not possible both to attend the meetings and to produce the user manual in the time available. I hope she appreciates the extra effort you've been putting in.

I guess it's the prospect of your holiday that's keeping you going. I hope you have a great time - Happy Birthday!

Take care

Mark

Austin said...

I finished the manual last night at about 9 p.m. (yes, I was working on a Sunday). And I've been periodically munching on cupcakes my mom made for me (with awesome icing). And, of course, I'm counting the days until I fly off to never never land. Life could be worse.

Post a Comment