Cardboard boxes

Wow, been a while. Thought I'd published something since the beginning of June.

So, I've started packing - more for the move than the vacation. Packing for a vacation in Hawaii actually requires more planning from the techical side than from the textile side: throw a half-dozen bathing suits, a pair of flipflops, and a bunch of sunscreen in a suitcase and that's that. On the other hand, I'm taking two laptops, two cameras, 5 lenses, a tripod, a monopod, associated chargers and such... there's probably something very wrong about that, but hey, it's my vacation.

But yeah, I've started packing for the move. I managed to fit almost all of my normal-sized paperbacks in a single box; it's a damned heavy box, mind you, but it's one box. I also got all my music CD cases in another. I'm going to try to get a box or two packed every night this week before I fly out on Saturday (... it still hasn't sunk in that I'm flying out on Saturday...), though I can't really pack up clothes and such until I get back.

We'll see how it all goes. I'm just starting to feel the anticipation, but I'm also under a lot of pressure at work and with the consulting job, so I don't have a lot of time to think about it. It'll probably all hit me while I'm relaxing in the hot tub.

1 comments:

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

Time flies...

I hope you have a great time on vacation. I don't see anything wrong in taking whatever equipment with you that you want. I would have less electronics and optics, but rather more paper - I don't feel entirely happy unless I have a couple of decent (railway) maps, and a timetable or two. I look forward to seeing the photos when you get back.

Good luck with moving. Unless your book box is particularly robust, you might want to split the contents between several boxes, and fill up with other stuff, to produce a lower average density.

Take care

Mark

Post a Comment