Slow-motion capture

Bah, been too long.

Well, not really. Nothing new or interesting to report. I'm still apartment-hunting. The funds I'd been waiting for didn't come in until late April, so that delayed things a bit. Now it's a matter of finding the right place at the right price; it's not impossible, and I have a few leads, but it's a slow process.

Beyond that, it's been same-old same-old. The consulting job I've probably mentioned has ramped up a fair bit in intensity; that's the main reason I haven't been blogging: I've just been too busy with that. It's not interesting work, and unfortunately it's getting to be downright annoying as over and over things fail to happen when they should. All the timing pressure eventually gets dumped on my shoulders, but I'm a big enough boy to dump it right back.

Since I still haven't moved out, my moratorium on spending money is still in effect. As such, I haven't booked anything for my birthday yet. This may mean limited options when I do get around to it, but, well, I made this rule for a reason... blowing it now would be counter-productive.

I'll try to get back into posting regularly. Hope folks are still out there.

1 comments:

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

I can't answer for anyone else, but I'm certainly still out here. It's good to hear from you - I had guessed you were too busy to post much. Still, an update is welcome, even if there hasn't been much change in your life.

I hope all goes well with the accommodation-hunting, the consulting job (particularly getting paid on time even if the project is running late!) and arranging something good for your birthday.

Take care

Mark

Post a Comment