Assume the position

So, tomorrow's the rapture. I've heard accounts that it's going to take place at 6 p.m. local time. Bummer; I'll be in the middle of Pirates then. Not that I necessarily expect to go to heaven. If the fundies are right about God, then I wouldn't want to go - the old "laugh with the sinners" thing.

Of course, the best thing would be if all the fundamentalists got pulled up to their place of perfection and just left the rest of us the hell alone.

I woke up this morning to some kind of rash under my eye. The only thing I can think of is that I was looking at this awesome hibiscus plant at an apartment complex last night; maybe I got some pollen or something on me. However, I played with hibiscus in Maui and never had an issue.

Regardless, I'm staying home a bit to see if it goes away; the last thing I need is to have this get worse and not be able to drive or such.

Always something new.

5 comments:

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

Hmmm... 6pm local time - I must try to remember, so that I can watch out for anything unusual happening. I suspect I'll be engrossed in something more interesting, though :-)

At least most of us will get at least a few hours' warning: we just need a webcam pointing somewhere in New Zealand or Australia at the right (local!) time, and we can see what happens. I might try to comment here after 6pm my time, just to let you know what the state of the world is.

I'm still wandering whether it's timezone time or solar time, though: timezone time would involve some awkward discontinuities (what happens if you're standing astride a timezone boundary?) whilst solar time might be difficult for people in Antarctica (is it well-defined if there's no sunlight?).

I hope the rash clears up quickly and painlessly. On the other hand, it might be a marker showing which way you're going tomorrow evening :-)

Take care

Mark

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

I can report that I'm still here, and that Cambridge (England) doesn't seem to have experienced the rapture or the earthquake. Mind you, I was asleep at the vital moment: maybe it was all put back the way it was before in the ensuing twenty minutes.

Enjoy your evening!

Mark

Austin said...

Or maybe this really -is- heven, and so there's no where else for us to go.

Regardless, thanks for the report. I feel like I should give you a byline or something.

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

If this is heaven, then Someone has some hard questions to answer.

Meanwhile, I've just seen an article on the BBC news website about an Icelandic volcano erupting, so perhaps there was the tiniest grain of truth in the prediction. It couldn't possibly be coincidence, of course :-)

Take care

Mark
UK correspondent

Austin said...

Of course it can't be coincidence. I mean, it's not like Iceland has a lot of volcanos, or that they're constantly erupting or anything.

Oh no. Must be the Rapture.

Post a Comment