Planning to plan

So, today is the last day of regular classes at my community college.  I've already got two confirmed A's; I need a 50% or so on the final for the third to get an A (I have a B if I get zero on the final).  But really, it means that I'm done with late night classes - possibly forever, but at least for a few years.

It'll be novel to be able to actually cook and have a somewhat normal life for a change, for however short a period that is.

I need to kick the apartment hunt into high gear.  I have to give notice at the end of the month: they require 60 days, so if I want to be out in early September, I have to tell them at the end of June or early July.  I'm debating making the official day the middle of September, with a planned actual move-in early in September.  That would give me a week or two to juggle between places and move stuff as well as clean the apartment once I'm out.  Not that I'm too worried about the latter: I've been there for over 7 years and I know for a fact they're going to replace almost everything (carpet, appliances, etc.) since they've done that for every other apartment in the building while I've been here.

But arranging the new place has a different purpose, too: right now, I can't get excited about UCLA, because I still have the anxiety of finding a place.  Once that's taken care of, I'll be mentally ready to start really thinking about the rest of the process.

So, that's the main focus right now: getting through the last week of school and getting the whole moving thing locked down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment