2 of 2, 2 remaining

Got accepted to UCLA last night.  No scholarships or grants in the financial package (just loans), but since I don't qualify for any needs-based stuff, that's not surprising.  I don't think any of the merit-based stuff has been announced, and there are others I can apply to after I register for a school.

Still haven't heard from UCSD (which is really freaking people out) or Caltech (which probably means "no", but I'll email them Monday and find out).  Nor have I gotten my financial package info from UCI yet, but that shouldn't come until May.

If Caltech is a no and none of the UCs give me any (or more than trivial) financial incentive, then I'll probably end up at UCLA.  Which is still totally awesome, since I've always wanted to live in Westwood anyway.  I mean, I would still prefer Caltech, and if UCI or UCSD wants to give me a full ride, it'll be hard to turn down.  But none of those are necessarily likely, and that's okay.

I really need to start taking down the apartment.  A coworker is going to take all my planters and such, since I'll almost certainly have no room or time for them at school.  I really need to just take each weekend and tackle one project or area in the apartment.  It's really mostly going to be a matter of tossing out junk or giving it away; I don't have all that much stuff, but things like old homework or clothes that I've been meaning to toss/donate that have just been piles for ages.

Not sure what I'll do with my dining table and chairs; they won't really compress for storage.  Of my other big furniture, I need to get rid of at least one bed (and maybe both), and the small table that C and D gave me when *they* moved (but that can probably just be tossed).  The remaining stuff would be my big bookshelf, the smaller shelf in my room, my computer/chair, a couple of night stands, and the printer table.  Oh, and my rowing machine and weight bench, but both of those can fold up and go in a closet or under the bed.

I've also got my camping stuff, which is new since I moved, but that's all pretty well organized.  Everything else could be boxed up.  And that's everything in my 2-bed 2-bad apartment.  It won't take long to make a huge impact, but I need to get started on it.

On a completely different note, I bought some awesome underwear.  All my life, I've just done white or black undies, usually briefs or boxer-briefs, but in a weird mood, I bought a multi-color pack from an Asian company online.  They're fantastic: can't feel the seems, fit right (even if they are weird sizes vs what we're used to), and for some reason the colors have just struck my fancy.

This is my favorite pair at the moment.  I have a shirt the exact same color that I love too, so that's probably part of it.  But they're just fun to wear.
(Yes, I'm hairy, and yes, I need to lose about 10-15 lbs.  Too bad.)

Guess if I'm going to UCLA, I'll just need to get a gold pair to go with them...


0 comments:

Post a Comment