AAA

School's out - for a few days, anyway.  I'm taking an online summer course, just 6 weeks of online Psychology.  I don't even have to buy a book (it's online and free).  Should be pretty easy - 3 units, and it'll be over before my birthday.  Definitely something I think I can handle.

... Especially after pulling straight As for 14 units while working (more than) full time.  Going into the finals,  I needed C's on everything to get As in the classes, so it wasn't necessarily much of a risk.  This is why I stress out early on: so I don't have to stress out later :)  I was still a little concerned about the CalcB test, just because it was so comprehensive with a lot to memorize, but I did well enough to get the A (not sure of the exact score; I just see the final class grades generally).

My last essay for English got a 96%; the prof's only comment was that I probably tried to tackle too much.  Basically, it was analyzing the treatment of gays in the US from the civil war to the 1960s and comparing some of the underlying factors to the treatment of Jews in pre-WWII Germany.  It's actually a pretty good paper, though rather depressing.  I may post it at some point.

Also, the paper I was working on with my boss is officially "in publication", meaning I'm now (or shortly will be) a published researcher.  Okay, yes, I'm 5th author, and it's a pretty crappy paper (in the sense that I don't really think it's all that valuable to science), but it's a publication in a reputable psychology journal nonetheless.  I wonder if I should mention that to my Psych prof when the class starts.  I bet I'll be the only student with an RG score :)  No h-index yet, though.

Still trying to decide what to do for my birthday.  I definitely want to go to a gay resort of some kind, but I don't want to spend a grand doing it.

Speaking of, I need to lose weight.  School 4 nights a week + homework the rest of the week means I haven't done much exercising for 4 months.  I started up again last week, and am keeping it pretty regularly (nothing too intensive), so hopefully I'll start seeing some results soon.  I'm also trying to eat healthier again: school also screwed with my making-meals-at-home schedule, so I was eating out way too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment