The ceremony of innocence is drowned

... It's probably a bad thing when you score more than 20 points (self-diagnosed, so probably suspect) on the PCL-R.

Hey, there.  Been a while, though it's been fairly boring here.  Not so in the news lately, of course, but in the interest of not triggering people, we'll stay out of that.

Trying to decide what to do for New Years.  I've got the 31st and 1st off, and kind of want to go somewhere there's snow, but since I won't know that until a few days before, I haven't made any plans yet.  That being said, I haven't even started Christmas shopping yet.  I should probably get to that.

Speaking of shopping, I finally decided to try and sell some of my photography as posters and such.  I'm testing out a few different sites; no purchases yet, though there's a bit of interest in some of them.  My totally-arbitrary-mental-abacus says I need to get about 100 viewings of any one image before I'll sell something, and I'm getting close.  Not bad, considering I'm not advertising at all.

I also uploaded a bunch of photos to a stock house, so maybe that'll end up selling some as well.  You never know.  At least they're all non-exclusive licenses, so I can do it all at once and still retain the original rights.

I got a new phone, finally.  My contract was up last December, but I hadn't seen anything since then that I liked until recently.  Picked up a Nokia Lumina 920.  Seems pretty decent so that, though it's a bit large.  I love the voice-to-text options: I can have it read me incoming text messages and reply to them by voice while I'm driving.  Cool feature.

Dating, not so cool.  Pretty cold, actually.  I've had a few messages back and forth, but only two tangible dates out of it in a year or so.  I'm not terribly bothered by this, but it does raise the question as to whether or not I want to keep putting any effort into the idea.  I may try a different site, just for kicks.  It'd be nice if there was someplace local I could just go and hang out, but seeing as I don't drink and don't get along with alcohol well, the bars seem a wee bit contraindicated.

Finally getting some definition in my upper body.  The rowing machine seems to be doing the trick, and I finally figured out now not to get callouses on my hands doing it.  Still not losing the bit of excess just under my belly button that I've had for like 10 years now.  I may have to actually need to try changing my eating habits, which I've been hoping to avoid as I don't know how sustainable that is psychologically.  That being said, my weight's been stable, so maybe all it would take is losing that bit and I could keep it off with my normal habits.  We'll see.

Anyway, there's that.  It probably won't take me 3 months to post again :)  Maybe something exciting will happen.  Well, assuming we don't all die in a horrible fiery explosion on Friday (and no, I don't think that's going to happen; even the Mayans didn't think that was going to happen, and it's their damned calendar).

2 comments:

TwoLives said...

It's good to see an update from you Austin. I've been wondering what mischief you've been making.

Here's a last minute New Years idea someone suggested to me: Yosemite. It's not crowded, relatively easy to get a reservation for at this time of year, has skiing and snowboarding nearby, and, is STUNNINGLY beautiful. Think of all the photos you could take there.

Unless you spend a lot of time screening or searching for dates, it's hard to imagine that arranging two dates would constitute so much wasted effort that the whole idea should be abandoned. Are you on OkCupid? Unless you prefer hook-ups, there is no better dating site. Certainly not Match.

Congrats in advance on your sales. It's not a matter of "if" but "when".

Thanks for the inspiring mental images of your sculpted body. Photos would be preferred, but we'll take what can get.

Austin said...

I've thought about Yosemite. My primary concern with that is getting chains for the car, which I don't have, and the not-unreasonable chance of getting snowed in. I was also looking at fly-in places, since I could theoretically get a shuttle to the hotel and I've got plenty of air miles to make it free.

Yeah, OKCupid. I don't spend much time on it, but it's still a matter of efficiency :)

I actually made a sale today - to a friend at basically zero markup, so it doesn't really "count", but still. It goes on the books as my first poster sale.

... Uhm, if a picture is worth a thousand words, a picture of my "sculpted body" would mostly be "not!" repeated a thousand times. You're likely in better shape than I am. But if you enjoy the fantasy, by all means, dream away :)

Post a Comment