West of the Moon, East of the Sun

Just back from the weekend trip. He who wanders should, at the moment, be wandering somewhere between San Francisco and Sacramento; all in all, we basically drove 1000 miles to get him on a train (well, plus a few extras). I'd consider it a successful trip, overall, with some minor issues here and there.

I'll get the pictures done and a more detailed post when I'm not just home from spending 12 hours driving (the 380 miles home that should have taken 5 hours or so ended up taking 7; yay for CalTrans).

For now...

The Road goes ever on and on
Out from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
Let others follow it who can!
Let them a journey new begin,
But I at last with weary feet
Will turn towards the lighted inn,
My evening-rest and sleep to meet.

2 comments:

A Wandering Pom said...

Hi there, Austin

"Well, I'm back."

The Road has led me back to my own door, as it always has so far; and after some confusion with my circadian rhythm, I too am about to get my evening-rest.

Many thanks for all your help in my wandering, both in Los Angeles and elsewhere in California - I have come home with many wonderful memories. I hope that I can reciprocate when you have the opportunity to cross to this side of the Atlantic.

Take care

Mark

Austin said...

Glad you made it back home :) I've only managed to work through the pictures from Friday so far, so I'm going slowly.

Post a Comment