Odds and ends

There are changes in the wind. Ignati naturae renovateur integra and all that. I don't really want to talk about them in specific, yet, but things could get entertaining here in the next month or two.

(Random thought: there's a computer in the room here that, periodically, has its fans spin up to such enormous speed/volume that it quite literally sounds like a plane engine.)

I bought a new camera lens the other day. Even though it's kind of a basic lens (a 35 mm f1.8), this is semi-significant in that it's the first lens I've bought since the one that came with the camera. I am now, officially, polylensic. Or something.

I actually got it to test out night shooting; I've always loved the idea of taking pictures of the stars, but my current lens can't get enough light in to make them stand out without getting trace lines from the rotation of the earth (even at like 1600 ISO). This one shouldn't have that problem. Now all I need to do is get somewhere that doesn't have light pollution and take some test shots. It should also be decent for indoor lowlight shots, like at Blizzcon. All wide-angle, though, so I'll need to be pretty close.

Summer finally got here. It'll be in the 90's this weekend and all next week, and maybe dropping back down to the 80's next weekend. Which, of course, means I'm not going hiking again any time soon, since all the trails around here are in hot areas. Beach'll be nice, though, so might head that way (if I can tear myself away from FFXIV for a weekend).

If you get a chance and like silly movies, go see Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Also saw a cute Swedish film called "Patrik, age 1.5". It was apparently done in 2008, but Here!'s releasing it in the US now.

Anyway, time for lunch (mmm, salad!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment